What is crossposting?
Crossposting is a way to use videos across multiple Pages. This option can be found under your page’s Publishing Tools, then under the video library section. The best thing about crossposting is that the view count increases collectively but the posts and insights are separate. I’ll explain further.
You can crosspost an already-posted video on Facebook Pages without having to upload it again, either within the same Page or across Pages in Business Manager.
- Granting permission to post a video with other Facebook Pages.
- Reuse of videos that have already been posted.
- Access to a consolidated view counter that counts video views across all instances of the video.
- Multiple Pages to share the video through original posts rather than sharing from each other’s pages.
How to crosspost a video
If you already have an admin or editor role on that Page, you can head straight to the video library as stated above:
When you are in the video library section, hover over your video until there is an option to click on Edit Video > go to the Distribution section and you’ll see the option to select pages under Make available to other Pages.
However, if you are not an admin or editor on the page you wish to crosspost to, then you’ll need to establish a crossposting relationship.
To establish a crossposting relationship with another Page
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- Click Crossposting in the left column.
- Begin typing the Page’s name or Facebook URL and select it from the list that appears.
- For non-live videos, both Pages can crosspost each other’s eligible videos by going to the page’s Publishing Tools > Videos you can crosspost. For live videos, select whether you’d like to:
- Allow the other Page to crosspost their live video to your Page without further approval.
- Require the other Page’s crossposted live videos to be approved by one of your admins or editors before being crossposted to your Page.
- Click Next.
The other Page must confirm the crossposting relationship by adding your Page to its crossposting settings. To help the Page confirm the relationship, click and send the confirmation link to an admin of the Page.
The list of Videos you can crosspost can be found under your Videos section of Publishing Tools.